Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Summary

What was the most important thing I learned? That there is a whole world out there that is not waiting for me and I need to play catch up.

What was the most challenging? Deciphering the steps and filling in the blanks. Why? I prefer having things spelled out for me and using these tools requires a leap of faith. In other words, not being overly familiar with this technology required me to think with a dusty part of my brain.

How can PVLD use these technologies to deliver or improve library services? The more you know, the more useful you are.

How successful was the "self-directed" learning model? Is this a useful way of encouraging staff development? This process was really tough for me and I learned to be more creative and "read between the lines".

The end.

No comments: